USE YOUR LEGAL EXPERTISE TO HELP A WOMAN LEAVE AN ARRANGED/FORCED MARRIAGE
If you are an attorney — even if you don’t have matrimonial-law experience — you can transform the life of a woman who might otherwise remain trapped in an arranged or forced marriage, right here in the US.
Will you get involved? Consider the following:
- If you do not have relevant experience, Unchained will give you free matrimonial-law training — and the CLE credits to go with it;
- If you wish, Unchained will arrange for an experienced matrimonial-law attorney to mentor you through the divorce proceeding and review all court papers before you file them;
- Unchained will pay for clients’ court filing fees, transcript costs and other reasonable disbursements;
- Unchained will provide clients with pro bono expert witnesses or pay the experts’ fees, budget permitting;
- Unchained will give clients the emotional and other support they need, through its Mentoring and Social Services programs;
- Your work might fulfill your pro bono requirements.
Unchained At Last is the only nonprofit in the US dedicated to helping women leave arranged marriages. But Unchained cannot achieve this mission without the generosity of attorneys who represent Unchained women through the divorce process and help the women to achieve the best possible financial and child-custody arrangements.